Filed under: Active Games
A wild and rowdy youth group favorite! This high energy game is a the spiritual successor to the classic Red Rover, now with even more potential for scraped shins and bruised ribs. Don't play this on a hard surface!
- Place a large, empty garbage can in the middle of the play area. If no trash can is available, any large object that won't hurt a player when they slam into it should work.
- Everyone gathers in a circle around the garbage can and joins hands.
- If playing with a group larger than 20-25 people it is best to break into multiple circles.
- All the players now try to yank others into touching the garbage can while avoiding it themselves! Anyone who touches it is out.
- If a player loses grip on their neighbor's hand, both people are out.
- It's good to call a short timeout any time someone gets out so they can safely leave the course and everyone else can catch their breath.
You can add a little more excitement to the game by using stacks of toiler paper rolls in the center instead of a garbage can. This makes it easier to determine when someone is out.
Turn it into a fun Summer game by using a kiddie pool filled with water in the center!
|Age Range||13 - 18 years old|
|Group Size||10 - 100|
|Location||large space outdoors|
|Play Time||5 - 15 minutes|
|Setup Time||0 minutes|