Filed under: Active Games
A fun variation on dodge ball! This game can be played with only 1 soft foam ball, making it a fun alternative to a large dodge ball game. It's every man for himself, and since players are never fully out, they don't get bored sitting on the sidelines.
- Everyone stands in the middle with a hand on the ball.
- The leader shouts, "scatter!" and all the players run off.
- The ball is then tossed into the air.
- From here out, dodge ball rules apply. Try to chuck the ball at a player. If they are hit, they're out. If they catch it, you are out.
- The player holding the ball can take a maximum of 2 steps. If they step further than that they must drop the ball and go out.
- When a player goes out, they simply sit down where they are at. They can still snag balls that are roll to them on the ground, allowing them to rejoin the game.
- Last person standing wins.
Throw in more than 1 ball for larger groups.
|Age Range||10 - 18 years old|
|Group Size||8 - 100|
|Location||indoors large space|
|Play Time||5 - 30 minutes|
|Setup Time||0 minutes|
|Required Props||foam ball|