Filed under: Party Games
A raucous party game for larger groups of all ages. This simple game lets kids do one of their favorite things ever: be as loud and unruly as they possibly can!
- Print out a word list and cut up each word. The words are in groups of three of a kind - three objects that go together. For example, lion, tiger, and jaguar are all 3 big cats.
- Mix up the words in a large bowl or a bucket.
- Let each kid pick a word, but not look at it yet.
- After everyone has their word, they all go to a big open area. We like to call, "mix it up!" and let them move around and jumble together for 30 seconds or so.
- When everyone is ready, yell "go!" to start the game. They can then look at their word.
- Their goal is to shout out their word as loudly as they can, and try to find their partners.
- They don't automatically know what the theme is - so they are trying to listen to what everyone else is shouting out to find who could be their partners.
- Once three of a kind have found each other, they have to run to a designated leader and say in unison, "we are three of a kind!"
- Don't stop after the first team is finished! Let the game continue until all groups have been found.
This game works best with really large groups of kids that are 8+ years old. Younger kids tend to get swallowed up in the chaos, but you can separate the younger guys into a smaller group to let them have their own game. With kids under 8 you could still have fun with as few as 9 people.
|Dr. Pepper||Coke||Root Beer|
|Captain America||Thor||Iron Man|
|Toy Story||Finding Nemo||Frozen|
|Age Range||4 - 18 years old|
|Group Size||15 - 99|
|Location||indoors large space outdoors|
|Play Time||5 - 20 minutes|
|Setup Time||5 minutes|